How do the American`s do a 2.7 stroker conversion on the M20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do the American`s do a 2.7 stroker conversion on the M20

I just wondered how you lot do an M20 2.7 litre conversion built for power and torque.
    Is it any different to us in the UK ?

Well I hear you guys have a big advantage, with the 323 head on eta bottom.

We must use eta bottom, and i head, with some piston attention (custom or shaved i pistons and i rods.....or something)

Here's a link to show what one member did to build a 2.8i.
    Fred Kim's site:
    M20 2.8i E to I Engine Conversion

Stu's (McHenry, not UK guy) dad is the M20 guru, so he can have some words to add mayhaps.

rs4pro3 also knows the engines well, and a few other people have been doing a lot of research, like Super Eta, and Slammed_E30 has a 2.7i i think (so his sig implies)

Comment

You already know my plans Jayson as I'm uying my pistons from you :D The swap I ussualy see is custom pistons or super eta pistons and a shaved head.
      85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

I picked up your chip today mate, i will send it with the other rods/pistons on thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by e30gumball
          I picked up your chip today mate, i will send it with the other rods/pistons on thursday.

ooooohhh, that's who you are! i was the one who was e-mailing you looking to get those pre 5/85 525e pistons. nerdigger@aol.com. what ever happened with that?
          Originally posted by blunt
          can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

I emailed you a while back, i was having a tough time finding a breaker who would split the engines.
            My usual breaker now has 3 of the high compression 525e cars in (the ones that give 10.2:1 compression) so i picked up a set for rs4pro3 who had been waiting longer.
            These engines dont sell well as a complete unit so i will keep asking him to split the engines.
            I dont mind getting my hands dirty in splitting the engine for you.

Comment

another way it to use the super eta engine, I dont think you guys got the super eta in europe but it is basically a detuned stroker from the factory. It has an I head & I pistons but uses a four bearing cam, single springs, smaller intake manifold (dia) and is tuned to provide fuel economy and torque. I am about to do this conversion on my 1988 528e.

Comment

I emailed you a while back, i was having a tough time finding a breaker who would split the engines.
                My usual breaker now has 3 of the high compression 525e cars in (the ones that give 10.2:1 compression) so i picked up a set for rs4pro3 who had been waiting longer.
                These engines dont sell well as a complete unit so i will keep asking him to split the engines.
                I dont mind getting my hands dirty in splitting the engine for you.
                sorry, I'm using aol mail through internet explorer, since i have an aol mail account but don't live with my parents anymore

i think i may have found a set, but if not I'll toss you a PM and maybe something will turn up?
                can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

My usual breaker now has 3 of the high compression 525e cars in (the ones that give 10.2:1 compression)
                  those are way way HOT over here. if you get a hold of them, you should definately find people interested in them.

Comment

Its the shipping costs from the UK to the USA that put people off i think.

Comment

how much do the pistons usually go for over there, and how much is shipping to U.S.?

Comment

The whole engine normally goes for £50 ($80)
                        Shipping for the whole engine is normally £150 ($250)

Comment

Working...
                        X